Summer 2012 Teacher Institute
CARE Summer Teacher
August 13-17, 2012
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE NOW!
Click here to download the application.
Teachers in grades 3—6 are invited to apply for the CARE program’s summer teacher institute! Funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, this year’s institute is based on the Common Core standards for literacy and will provide strategies for integrating the various arts disciplines of the CARE partners. No prior experience in the arts needed! Below are a few brief details...
- Each day will be hosted by a different CARE partner and will include special behind-the-scenes access
- The institute will focus on the reading, writing, and listening/speaking strands the Common Core standards
- Applications to attend and receive a stipend are due on July 6
- We encourage you to apply in pairs with a colleague from your school site
- Opportunities to participate in a textbook publication are available for those willing to commit throughout the 2012-1013 school year
- Only 40 spots available!
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CARE administrative office at 619-238-7559 ext. 221. We look forward to reviewing your applications!